Loews Hotels & Resorts is committed to being environmentally responsible and will make steady, measured progress in our efforts. We will seek every reasonable opportunity to incorporate “green” standards and practices into all aspects of our business. We will identify and mandate specific brand-wide practices that embrace our responsibility and we will make prudent investments in technologies and programs that will allow us to do good and do well at the same time.
Our standards and practices include:
- Food Donations in partnership with America’s Second Harvest
- Linen /Terry policy
- Banquet/Back-of-House Recycling
- Eco-friendly Inks and Papers
- Energy Technologies including; Low-flow shower heads, Compact fluorescent light Bulbs
- Green Training
- Green Teams
- All Loews Hotels publish seasonal menus that feature seasonal fruits and vegetables that can be bought locally.
- In room service, lounges, bars, banquet rooms and restaurants, including pool restaurants, only reusable linen, dishware and silverware are used. Recycled products used at every Loews Hotel include cocktail napkins and Loews On The Go cups.
- Energy saving measures in our kitchens include monitoring and logging fridge and freezer temperature controls daily with outside audit performed twice yearly to ensure.
And at participating Loews Hotels & Resorts…
- Guest room recycling.
- TV checkout.
- Water reduction efforts to include tap controls, water reuse/water reclamation, metering and sub-metering and sewage credits.
- Laundry planning/production planning with reusable dry-cleaning bags, re-usable detergent barrels and microprocessor-controlled wash wheels.
- Environmentally friendly cleaning products.
- During evening turndown service, minimal lights left on in guest room.
- Temperature adjustments when guest is out of guest room.
- Guest sensors for in/out of room.
- Banquet and dining space temperature adjustments after hours.
- Ice water by request only.