I have had a very fulfilling rabbinate. I was assistant, then associate at Holy Blossom Temple, Toronto for 5 years. I, then, went, with a small group of young Holy Blossomers to found Temple Har Zion with Holy Blossom’s blessing & support) in a northern suburb. I was there for 35 years until my retirement.
1. I was able to develop a strong adult ed. program in which people participated far beyond entry level
2. I participated in the production of Sha’arei Mitzvah (Gates of Mitzvah)
3. I was a chair of the Reform Round Table: A Discussion of the Content of Reform Judaism, under the auspices of the CCAR
4. I participated in the writing of the New Reform Principles, of 1999
5. I founded Arza-Canada (then, Kadima). For a short while I was the president of an organization of which I was the only member
6. I was chair of Arzenu: International Organization of Reform and Progressive Religious Zionists, at a very exciting time. We were struggling to get our place in the World Zionist Organization.